At Silkwood Stars, we strive to provide children with an educational setting in a home-like atmosphere. Our environments offer welcoming and inviting spaces which facilitate children’s thoughts, interests and abilities, allowing scope to cater for the individuality of each child. Both our indoor and outdoor spaces encourage children to learn by, exploration, discovery and asking open-ended question.
The service is divided into three physical environments:
- Twinkle Stars Room: Educating and caring for children aged 0-2.5 years
- Silver Stars Room: Educating and caring for children aged 2.5-3.5 years
- Gold Stars Room: Educating and caring for children aged 3.5-5 years.
Our physical indoor environment includes:
- 3 Large Open Plan Class-rooms
- Natural lighting and ventilation.
- Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning and heating.
- Clean and Hygienic play/learning spaces .
Physical outdoor environment includes: ·
- Natural garden beds and manicured landscaping
- A veggie patch and a compost bin
- Age-appropriate climbing equipment
- Compliant playground surfacing on play areas
- Shade structures (from trees and Sails)